Just days after revealing a family member was a suspect in what has now been declared a major crime, police are further pushing forward in their search for Gus Lamont. The task force made an arrest on Monday.

Task Force Horizon detectives have arrested a 75-year-old from Grampus and charged them with firearm offences on Monday as a result of a previous search at the Oak Park Station property.
Acting Officer in Charge of Major Crime Investigation Branch Detective Inspector Andrew Macrae said the charges are not related to the disappearance of Gus Lamont nor a previous incident at Oak Park Station in October 2025 involving media attending the property.
They have been charged with firearm offences and bailed to appear in the Peterborough Magistrates Court on May 6.
Task Force Horizon detectives will remain in the area tomorrow and further updates will be provided as the search progresses.
Police returned to Oak Park Station on Monday, the Outback sheep station where four-year-old Gus Lamont was last seen.
Now part of a dedicated team, members of SA Police Task Force Horizon have returned to the property, located 43km south of Yunta, to continue their investigation.
The announcement comes after police revealed a member of Gus’s family was a suspect in what has now been declared a major crime.
At a press conference earlier this month, Detective Superintendent Darren Fielke said police did not believe Gus was alive, with his disappearance now a criminal investigation.
He went on to reveal that someone living at the remote Oak Park station property was now a suspect, but stressed that “Gus’s parents are not suspects in his disappearance”.
No arrests have been made or charges laid.
Gus was last seen by his grandmother on September 27.
He was playing in the dirt near his family homestead, 43km south of Yunta, about 5pm.
Since then, more than 160 SAPOL members and 230 non-SAPOL resources, including SES, Australian Defence Force, indigenous trackers, community groups, have been involved in the search.
Police said the latest group of officers was expected to remain in the area “for at least the next two days”.
“An update on the search activities will be provided as they progress,” a police announcement on Monday morning said.